More businesses are setting up server rooms in their place of work than ever before. Server rooms are a designated room used to store computers and other electrical equipment as well as utilize computer servers. These specific rooms often have a server administration system located outside the room that manages the servers. These rooms are a safe environment to keep computers and ensure that networking is effective and easy.
However, server rooms can easily become unclean and neglected without thorough cleaning. Sparkling Clean presents the three essential tips to keep your business’s server room clean and well-maintained.
1. Ensure the Room Maintains the Right Temperature
In a small environment with high-powered machines constantly in operation, the room can easily overheat and pose a risk to the business. Maintaining a safe server room means keeping the temperature at a proper temperature. If the servers reach a temperature of 85 to 90 for even a few minutes, the result could be a meltdown. Ensure you’re keeping the room itself at a temperature of 77 degrees.
2. Schedule Routine Maintenance and Cleanings
If you want to maintain a successful business, yourself and your employees don’t have the downtime to spend cleaning! Hire a professional commercial cleaning company to clean the server room in the most efficient, safest and effective manner possible. Keeping the computer environment free of dust, debris and other chemical particles are imperative to the cleanliness and success of your server room. Harmful particles can also damage and destroy the important machinery located in the room. When dust circulates within the server room and interferes with the computers and servers which can result in data loss. Sparkling Clean has been in the industry for over 25 years effectively cleaning offices, commercial properties, residential homes and much more.
3. Clean Certain Areas weekly
Proactive and regular cleaning should be an essential component of maintenance for your entire business operations. To protect the server room, you have to consider the ways your business can become unclean from foot traffic, different project work, delivery packages and more. For a proactive weekly cleaning routine, ensure you’re doing the following:
- Use a dry mop to sweep the floor weekly and ensure you schedule a deep commercial clean with Sparkling Clean every three months.
- Clean all of the machines and electronic equipment with an antistatic cleaning compound.
- If there are ceiling plenums in the server room or cables and ducts, ensure a deep clean of the area with these items every six months.
- The subfloor of the server room requires a deep clean at least every six months. If the room is carpeted, call Sparkling Clean for carpet cleaning in Edmonton or for floor cleaning services for other floor types.
With over 25 years in the industry and providing effective cleaning services in Edmonton, Sparkling Clean is your trusted cleaning company. We guarantee a clean, attractive and organized space to ensure a healthy environment for you. To schedule one of our cleaning services, send us a message at https://sparklingclean.ca/contact/ today!